Saturday, February 7, 2009

And a sunshade pops up in a rainy day

Imagine a white hair elder man walking at six o’clock in a rainy morning carrying a HUGE sunshade. Well… let’s introduce him!

Every day, early in the morning, a 74 year’s old man gets out from his house and does what he has been doing for almost seven years now: walking.

He walks every single day, no matter what: raining, drizzling, cold or hot weather. He gets out and does his walking for about one hour. And he keeps the records: how long he walked that day, how many steps he walked and the weather’s condition (only if it's raining).

His pleasure lays on keeping the habit and registering it. He just loves seeing the pile of notebooks completely filled with those records: gives him an immense satisfaction and happiness seeing his accomplishments properly performed!


Well, this elder man is actually my beloved father and the day I have heard about the sunshade (and saw it) I could not help myself bursting in laugh! The very image of my father walking alone with such a big object in a rainy day seemed so odd yet so tenderly childish… Oh, God, how I love this short strong head old man!


P.S.: I ought to add in his defense: he just thought a bright colored sunshade was too showy so he decided to paint it black.

No comments:

Post a Comment